Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bigger Perspective

Lately there have been quite a few changes in the way the Mexican government operates, especially concerning taxes. Because of this, Back2Back has had to change and re-think some of the ways that they do things. It’s been very hard, stressful, and overwhelming at times—feeling like these changes are thwarting our work here. Lately I’ve realized that I’ve had a very small view of all of these changes. Yes, they are making day-to-day activities very hard. Yes, they are limiting some of the ways Back2Back can work at this time. Yes, the details are complicated and many. Yes, it is all quite scary.

But this is only a shadow of something much bigger. If I choose to focus on this small piece of the story I will see only darkness, but if I open myself up to seeing the larger picture I think I’ll find light, hope, and glory. While these changes will cause pain and difficulty for many over the next few months, they are a step towards a more stable and efficient economy and Mexican nation. These pesky tax changes are a piece in God’s overall plan to bring restoration to the Mexican people by ridding the country of corruption and supporting a legalized economy. What I may quickly label as hurting the people I desire to serve may actually be a road to increased sustainability and a higher level of quality of living.

I pray that I would trust evermore in the wisdom and ability of God, who promises to never forsake his children but always work for their well-being and for the fulfillment of his good, beautiful, and glorious will. May he teach me to see past my shallow view of the current circumstances so that I might better know him through greater understanding of his plan, which is so much more than anything I can ask or imagine.

Kids at the Tres Reyes Community Center
Kids Served at a Free Medical Clinic in Bonfil

No comments:

Post a Comment